A frequently asked question our team gets is: “Which substance – psychedelic – should I take to start microdosing?” Unfortunately, this question is not all that easy to answer. Which substance for microdosing is best suited for your specific aim depends on many factors:
- Personal preference
- Your energy level
- Your intention for microdosing
- Microdosing for reasons (ailments) such as ADHD, ADD, migraine, cluster headache, depression, burnout, PMS, social anxiety.
- Whether you are using medication
What is the difference between LSD, (1cP-LSD) and Magic Mushrooms and Magic Truffles for microdosing?
- LSD belongs to the family of lysergamides.
- Psilocybin belongs to the tryptamine family.
- LSD has a longer effect than magic mushrooms (psilocybin). The sub-perceptual effect of a microdose of LSD and 1cP-LSD can last up to 10 hours. This makes the time of intake especially important. We therefore definitely recommend taking your microdose before 10:00 in the morning.
- LSD is one of the most potent (most powerful) psychedelics out there. The fact that the dose is stated in micrograms (one thousandth of a milligram) is significant. It is difficult to determine exactly how much LSD a papertrip (or blotter) contains without a lab test. This makes dosing small doses extra difficult.
- Some people are more sensitive to LSD than others. The threshold value (that is the amount where people start to notice a mild psychedelic effect) varies from person to person and is between 5 and 50 micrograms.
- People also react differently to equal doses. The experiences of microdosers often speak of an increase in creativity, energy, problem-solving ability and focus. But of course this remains a subjective experience. Like other psychedelics, LSD amplifies emotions and feelings. For example, your creativity may surface when you start working with art or music, but if you choose to have a good conversation with one of your loved ones, for example, there will be more emphasis on connection, reflection or emotions. .
- LSD and 1cP-LSD has an affinity with the dopamine and serotonin receptors. Psilocybin mainly on the serotonin receptors.
- Mushrooms and truffles cause mild nausea more often than LSD and 1cP-LSD
- Magic mushrooms and truffles cause fatigue in some people. This is in contrast to LSD, which gives most people more energy.
Differences San Pedro cactus vs. Psilocybin (shrooms and magic truffles)Mescaline and psilocybin are two naturally occurring psychedelics. The substances differ in pharmacology, effects and therapeutic value. Both have been used for thousands of years by indigenous peoples for spiritual, medicinal and religious purposes.
- It takes a little more preparation to process the fresh San Pedro cactus into a powder for microdosing than magic truffles that are freshly are available and immediately suitable for consumption.
- Growing mushrooms for microdosing also takes quite some time compared to the legal fresh mescaline in the cactus is often unknown because it differs per harvest and even per cactus, so after To obtain cactus powder, you always have to ‘look for’ a good dose and thus find out how strong your cactus is. This is in contrast to the truffles. These are the most stable in their strength. Certainly also in comparison with mushrooms, which can differ in strength per flight (harvest) and per mushroom.
- If microdosing with mushrooms makes you a bit restless, working with mescaline-containing cacti is a very good alternative.
- Mescaline is a stimulant, it has a longer effect than truffles/mushrooms – even in small doses. So it’s a bad idea to take it at night unless you don’t want to sleep. The morning is the perfect time to take it.
- Slow onset, takes 1.5 hours before the full effect is noticeable
- Works longer: 7 to 10 hours
- Gives milder physical energy
- More philosophical
- Gives a soothing relaxed effect for many people
- Better sense of smell
- Several reports report that there is less tolerance than the other psychedelics
However, the psychoactive experiences of this psilocybin and mescaline differ from each other. Yet both can bring about a shift in consciousness that changes you profoundly. In addition, they are both used for spiritual, medicinal and recreational purposes.
Mescaline and psilocybin are found in life forms in nature. For example, psilocybin can be obtained from various mushrooms. More than 180 species have been found to contain the psychoactive compound, or its derivative, psilocin. You can find these mushrooms in many places in the world. From South America, Europe and Africa to Asia.
However, Mescaline is found in a number of species of cacti. Think of the Peruvian torch (Echinopsis peruviana) and San Pedro (Echinopsis pachanoi). It is also found in the Peyote cactus (Lophophora williamsii). All species occur naturally in the United States and Mexico.
Psilocybin mushrooms have been part of human culture for thousands of years, as archaeological finds suggest. Images of it have been found in prehistoric art all over the world. Especially in the form of cave paintings. Authors like Terence McKenna and Graham Hancock go even further. For example, they have argued that psychedelics, such as psilocybin, may have played a fundamental role in human evolution and history. At least, as far as our self-consciousness and abstract thinking are concerned.
Psilocybin-containing mushrooms were used for spiritual purposes by the indigenous people of Mesoamerica. For example, statues, stones and motifs have been found in regions of South America. For example, the Aztecs and Mazatecs believed that the mushrooms were sacred.
Mescaline has also been used for a very long time. For example, the cacti were ceremonially consumed by Native Americans in present-day Texas, New Mexico, and South America.
Psilocybin is converted by the body to psilocin, which is responsible for the psychoactive effects that follow. The compound is known to bind to serotonin receptors in the brain. And especially to the 5-HT 2A receptor.
Mescaline also binds to serotonin receptors in the brain, in particular to receptors 1A, 2A, 2B and 2C. It is also known for its binding to dopamine receptors.
Effects of psilocybin-containing mushrooms and truffles
An average active dose of psilocybin mushrooms is between 1 and 3 grams (with dried mushrooms of the Psilocybe Cubensis variant). A microdose with dried mushrooms is between 0.1 gram to 0.4 gram of dried magic mushrooms. It is better to dry and process them for microdosing, because magic mushrooms contain 90% of moisture. Truffles contain less moisture (60-70%). An average microdose of dried truffles consists of between 0.3 and 0.8 grams. For fresh mushrooms, this is between 0.5 and 2 grams.
Microdosing with psilocybin causes a subtle change in perception and perspective. This change results in less mental noise, being more in the present moment and experiencing more connection with yourself, other people and nature. These effects are the result of synesthesia because the different parts of the brain communicate and work together better and more in a subtle way. The subconscious becomes more conscious, freeing up space to choose differently.
Effects of mescaline-containing cacti (San Pedro & Peyote)Mescaline dosages may differ depending on the strain. Is it a mescaline hydrochloride, mescaline sulfate or purified mescaline? A strong dose of mescaline hydrochloride is between 300–500mg. The effects appear between 45–90 minutes after ingestion. The experience can then last up to 8 hours.
Mescaline is reported to cause visual hallucinations in the form of patterns, spirals and mosaics. Intense visuals of animals and people would also occur.
Mescaline is known for disrupting the sensations of spatial awareness and touch. For example, things may appear much closer or further away than they actually are. And hard objects can feel soft and vice versa. Abolition of the ego can also happen. In doing so, you lose your sense of self and connection with the physical world.We are still working on this page. Our team would love to hear from you which substance works well for you, and your observations. Please get in touch via firstname.lastname@example.org.