Introducing Xochitl Ashe
Xochitl Kusikuy Ashe has been a teacher, mentor and ceremony facilitator for the last 25 years. At 16 years old she became the first female of 5 generations of men to be initiated into the healing tradition of her Peruvian ancestral lineage. For the past 24 years she apprenticed under her godfather, a Mazatec Medicine man of the ancient healing tradition with ‘Santitos’, or, psilocybin mushrooms.
She is a professionally trained herbalist and specializes in the ceremonial use of Cacao and Psilocybin Mushrooms. In her practice, Xochitl focuses on the healing of generational trauma and the ways in which that trauma impairs our ability to thrive, create wealth, and have a positive impact on the world.
She founded The Teona Center for ancestral plant medicine – an indigenous, women-owned retreat company that offers legal Mazatec Psilocybin Mushroom Retreats in Mexico.
Xochitl is on our team as a facilitator and educator for our 6-week microdosing program, and in addition, we are grateful for her guidance in helping both our participants as well as our team learn how to honor the indigenous wisdom that has carried these plant medicines through history, so that we may continue to connect with them today.
Microdosing Table Talk Episode 5
In this microdosing podcast with 5th generation medicine women, Xochitl Ashe, we are fortunate to gain Xochitl’s perspective and wisdom on many topics including:
- How experiencing a culture of healing with plant medicines at a young age shifted Xochitl’s life perspective
- What it means for Xochitl to be a medicine woman, and why she prefers that term to “shaman”
- The hidden role of women in plant medicine in traditional lineages
- Xochitl’s personal connection to María Sabina
- Plants as a medicine extending beyond psychoactive plants
- Tangible ways to build a relationship with plant medicine during a microdosing practice
- Creating ceremony in microdosing to deepen connection with spirit
- Honoring the past and our ancestors as a path towards “right relationship”
- How can psychedelic leaders help indigenous medicine people feel safe
- How to create and foster magic in your life
Listen or watch the full Microdosing Table Talk with Xochitl Ashe on Youtube.
Work with Xochitl Ashe
Xochitl Ashe owns the only Indigenous female owned legal psilocybin retreat center, located in Mexico. You can learn more or view upcoming retreats on Xochitl’s website.
Additionally, Xochitl is a teacher and facilitator in our 6-week microdosing program – a facilitated group microdosing program that offers deep guidance from preparation and intention setting all the way through integration from both an ancestral and Western lens.